Monday, September 5, 2011

OS X Lion - Python Crashing - CouchPotato - SickBeard

After updating to Lion, I was getting hit with Python crashes upon reboot and neither SickBeard or CouchPotato were functioning.

Root Cause: I needed to update to Python 2.7 to get my Python apps working again.

After the update, I had to modify my plist files for launching Sickbeard and CouchPotato. I have included mine below for reference.

**You will need to update the paths accordingly**

CouchPotato (crashes if I try to use the -d or -q switches, so I removed them.)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist>
<dict>
<key>Label</key>
<string>com.couchpotato.helper</string>
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python</string>
<string>/Applications/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py</string>
</array>
<key>RunAtLoad</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</plist>


SickBeard

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Label</key>
<string>com.sickbeard.sickbeard</string>
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python</string>
<string>/Volumes/Home/slopresto/MyApps/Sick-Beard/SickBeard.py</string>
<string>-q</string>
<string>-d</string>
</array>
<key>RunAtLoad</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</plist>


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your post. This got it working for me...
    It's much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete